How to automate builds of your code
- Login as admin into our Jenkins system
- Click "New Job"
- Choose a job name without spaces and select "Copy from existing job" Where you enter Unmaintained_Modules
- Adjust all paths, especially those referring to the new build directory
- When executing multiple steps after build like, @make test@ or @make stylecheck@ use the "Execute Shell" section where you can use environment variables like $WORKSPACE to refer to the absolute path of your build directory
- --NEEDS TO BE UPDATED TO REFLECT SWITCH TO GIT-- When you want to let Jenkins compile your stuff after checkin: choose under "Build Triggers", "Trigger builds remotely" and remember the authentication token. Finally add this snippet to the hgrc of the repository:
[hooks] changegroup.jenkins$N = curl -s -u hg:'$PASSWORD' 'http://openwalnut.com:8080/job/$JOB_NAME/build?token=$TOKEN'
where you replace @$JOB_NAME@ with the job's name and @$TOKEN@ with the actual token. The @$PASSWORD@ you might infer from other Jenkin jobs and is not given here for security reasons. $N Number of the hook.