- an installed OpenWalnut using the default branch. Last tested with revision 9808142f.
- an OpenGL and OpenCL capable graphics card (the newer the better, >2GB VRAM recommended) with updated drivers
- OpenCL and ViennaCL (used to compute conjugate gradients on the GPU)
- fiber data (binary vtk polydata file ending in .fib)
Getting the source
The source code of the module toolbox can be downloaded here:
- make sure OpenWalnut is installed correctly
- unpack the content of the archives to a separate directory
- navigate to the build folder inside the toolbox
- start cmake-gui and choose the "src" directory as source dir (found in the toolbox folder)
- press configure
- if necessary, input the correct paths to your OpenWalnut installation and press configure again
- if necessary, input the correct paths to your OpenCL and ViennaCL installations and press configure again
- press generate
- exit cmake-gui and start building via the build system of your choise (usually make)
- start OpenWalnut and add the path to the module's build folder (click the little cogwheel symbol in the "Module" view and choose "configure modules", then choose "Module Paths" tab and add the path there"
- restart OpenWalnut
- you should now find the VBundles module when right-clicking the module view and choosing "Add new Module"
How to use
Just connect the output of the loaded fiber data module to the input of the VBundles module.